Pebble Limited Partnership says it’s not giving up on the project, which would have been one of North America’s largest open-pit mines.
- 2 Alaska
- Alaska Department of Labor
- Alaska Oil and Gas Association
- Ballot Measure 1
- Department of Revenue
- Energy & Mining
- Energy Information Administration
- Featured News
- Institute of Social and Economic Research
- Kara Moriarty
- Mouhcine Guettabi
- oil prices
- University of Alaska Anchorage Institute of Social and Economic Research
Job numbers in the state’s oil and gas industry haven’t been this low for more than 30 years.
Sullivan’s tweets come after Pebble executives were caught on tape saying Sullivan was helping them by staying in a corner and keeping quiet.
Barrick’s CEO said the biggest challenge to developing the mine is the nearly $7 billion cost, including building a power plant, road and 315-mile gas pipeline.
According to the charges, part of the scheme involved charging Conoco for pipe inspections and filling out time cards for inspectors who did not exist.